Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Made it to GRIP!!

I arrived in Pittsburgh today to spend the week at the Genealogical Institute of Pittsburgh! The six-hour drive wasn't too bad (no traffic at all!) and I arrived at La Roche College in time for check-in. I got myself settled into the dorm and then enjoyed dinner and met some classmates.

I am very excited and very nervous, as this is the first week-long intensive genealogy course for me. I decided to register for Intermediate Genealogy: Tools for Digging Deeper so that I can expand on the basic skills I have acquired through research and local workshops. This course is coordinated by Paula Stuart-Warren, with Debra Mieszala and D. Joshua Taylor as additional instructors.

I will post some updates about the sessions this week, but for now it's time to finishing unpacking and get some rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment