Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday's Obituary - Frank R Speck



I could not locate an obituary, but found this death notice for Frank Rudolph Speck in The Pittsburgh Press on November 28, 1978. Frank was my great uncle and I posted his tombstone and funeral card this week. The image isn't very clear, so here is the transcription:

SPECK
Frank R, beloved husband of Elizabeth O'Brien Speck, unexpectedly on Sun, Nov 26, 1978, brother of the late Agnes nee Cubbage. The family will receive visitors 2-4 & 7-9 pm at O'Brien's, 3724 California at Cooper Aves, N.S. Funeral Thurs at 11 am (Ft Pitt Lodge #1FOP and Crescent Lodge #576 F & A.M. invited).

My father and I went out to Pittsburgh for Uncle Frank's funeral. I was in elementary school, so my memories of this trip are fuzzy. I do remember the drive from New Jersey and needing to stop because of the snow (and being told not to tell my Mom about it on the phone so she doesn't worry!). I also have vague memories of sitting in someone's home (probably the O'Briens - Libby's family). We had been out to Pittsburgh the year before to visit:


My sister, brother and I sit for a picture with Uncle Frank and Libby at the home on Thelma Street in Pittsburgh in July 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment