Sunday, May 22, 2011

Church Record Sunday - The Baptism of Minnie Cubbage

I had contacted my second cousin to see if she had any pictures or genealogical information for the Cubbage family. She sent me a few pictures, plus the Certificate of Baptism of her grandmother Minnie.


This is the transcription:
Minnie Buelah Cubbage
Child of Mr. Charles A. Cubbage
and his wife Maine Cubbage
born at Swissvale, PA
on the tenth day of January 1908
was baptised in the Name of
The Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
on the thirty-first day of January 1909
by Rev. H C Erdman
Sponsors were [blank]

Baptized in St. John's Lutheran Church
Swissvale, PA

This is wonderful to have because I now have the name of the church that they attended while living in Swissvale. Minnie was the fourth of eight children, so I am hoping there will be more records for the Cubbages.


This is the oldest picture that I have of Minne, which is from her high school yearbook in 1925. Minnie was a Senior at Monessen High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment