Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tombstone Tuesday - Boston Burying Grounds

We spent a wonderful Easter weekend in Boston. The boys had fun exploring the historic sights, enjoyed walking the Freedom Trail, and loved Fenway Park!


My favorite part of the weekend was walking through the old burying grounds. I have yet to find any tombstones in my family that are earlier than the mid-1800s, and I have no known New England ancestors. So I LOVED the incredible tombstones that we saw ... and my family was so very patient while I took lots of pictures. The first two are from King's Chapel Burying Ground.



The gravestone art and symbols are incredible. The rest of the pictures are from Granary Burying Ground.







I only wished that I had some ancestors to search for in these beautiful burying grounds!




No comments:

Post a Comment